We have all seen the terrible devastation wrought by Hurricane Harvey on the state of Texas. We all want to reach out and help. The SHDHS school community is joining together to lend a hand to our neighbors in Texas. We will be collecting bottled water along with personal care, baby care, first aid, and cleaning items items for Hurricane Harvey relief on the following dates: tomorrow, September 6, Thursday, September 7, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday September 11 – 13. Items will be sent to the Houston – Corpus Christi area via Matthew 25 Ministries of Blue Ash.
Friday, September 8 will proceed as a previously scheduled out of uniform collection for St. Paul’s Food Pantry with a donation of 2 food items.
The following items are requested:
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Bottled water (cases or gallon jugs)
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
No clothing, furniture, or other items not on the above list can be accepted at this time.
Student members of NHS and/or the Health Care Careers Club will be collecting these items in the mornings of the dates listed above. The Chamber Choir will also be giving of their gifts in the form of music in the mornings in the lobby.
Thank you in advance for your kindness and generosity. Please continue to pray for those who have lost so much in this disaster and please pray for those who are ministering there in the trenches. Our prayers are the primary gift we can give to our brothers and sisters.