Back 2 School 2K Walk/Run
First, help us start the school year off on the right (or left) foot at 6:15 p.m. with the Back 2 School 2K Walk/Run. It’s the same race you know and love, just a little shorter. The walk/run will once again benefit scholarships at SHDHS. You can choose which scholarship you would like the proceeds from your entry fee to support during registration. If you live out of town, or can’t join us on campus for this year’s walk/run, no worries…you can still join us virtually!
- For those participating in person, prizes will be awarded for the top male and top female runner in each division. Winners will be announced by Monday, August 23.
- After the walk/run, please stick around for great food, live music, fellowship, and fun with your fellow Crusaders from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. during the Back 2 School Bash. The Grateful Dads will entertain us while we enjoy food and drinks from La Torta Loca, Fabulous Funnel Cakes, and Braxton Brewing. The Back 2 School Bash is open to all Crusaders, so we look forward to seeing our students, staff, parents, alumni, and community supporters. Please help us spread the word about this great event by sharing this information with your friends, family members, neighbors, and co-workers.
- For those who will be joining us virtually, a virtual walk/run is basically like running a race with tons of other people…just not all at the same place. No crowds, no waking up at dawn to find parking, no rushing to get to the starting line on time, and no worrying about bad weather at race time. Just sign up and run or walk 2K (1.25 miles).
- Every registrant will receive an SHDHS Back 2 School 2K Walk/Run race bib in the mail. Once the bib has been received, participants can choose to walk or run their own race at the day and time of their choosing. We do ask that participants please take a picture of themselves (with their race bib visible) and post it to their personal social media pages…and then please share their posts to St. Henry District High School’s social media pages. If participants don’t have a social media account, they can email pictures to [email protected]. All those participating virtually who submit a walk/run picture will be entered into a drawing for a special prize package!
- Registration is $20 per person
- Pre-registration is now closed, but walk-in registrations will be accepted beginning at 4:30 p.m. on the day of the walk/run.
- T-shirts are $15 each
- T-shirts ordering is now closed.
Volunteers are needed for the walk/run. If you are interested in helping, or have any questions, please contact Courtney Hoffer at [email protected]
We look forward to meeting everyone on the starting line (either in-person or virtually) on Saturday, August 21.